On-line Permitting Process for the Town of Richmond
Changes to the Town of Richmond's permitting system:
- Richmond will no longer be accepting paper permit applications. If you do not have a computer or if you need assistance using a computer, both are available. Computer stations for use by the public are located at Town Hall and the Richmond Library. Assistance can be obtained by calling the Inspection Department office at 413-446-0964. Office hours for the building inspector are the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Wednesday's of the month from 9AM-11:30AM.
- Applicants will no longer have to obtain signatures from other departments when submitting a permit application. Signatures from other department personnel will be obtained by the building, plumbing and gas inspector.
- Applicants can pay for their permit on-line with a check routing number and account number or Master Card or Discover Card. On-line payment is highly encouraged, but the town will accept checks made out to Town of Richmond, 1529 State Road, Richmond, MA 01254. Checks can be mailed or delivered to the Inspection Department at Town Hall
Applicants who register, (this takes less than 5 minutes) will have the ability to do the following:
- Have some of the information auto-fill on the permit application.
- Will have the ability to view the status of their permits.
- Edit the application before the permit is issued.
- Add attachments (plans, pictures, specs, etc.) to the application.
- On-line chat with the inspectors.
- Pay for the permit.
- Print the permit as soon as it has been issued.
- View the inspection results.
Applicants who do not register, may apply and pay for permits (plumbing, gas and electrical and some small building permits), but will not have the ability to do any of the above mentioned items.
STEPS TO FOLLOW
Step 1) Pop up blockers: Because this program uses pop up windows, it is necessary to allow pop ups, at least temporarily.
Step 2) Create an Account: To gain access to the on-line permitting program, you must first create your account. Click the link at the bottom of the page and you will be connected to the on line permitting website. Fill in the required information on the registration application form to create your account
Step 3) Complete the registration application form.
Step 4) Submit: After completing the application registration, click the register button at the bottom of the form. Failure to click the register button will cause you to loose all of the information on your application.
This is a one time submittal. Gaining access to the on-line permitting program after you have an account will only require your user name and password.
To gain access to the on-line permitting website click the link at the bottom of this page and follow these instructions.
Filling out a building permit application, (after you have logged onto the online permitting website).
- Click on New Application located at the upper left hand side of the home page form.
- Select the town that you are working in from the pull down window and click the submit button.
- Choose your street from the drop down menu.
- Choose your street address from the pull down menu.
- Select the appropriate permit application from the drop down menu.
- For certain types of permit applications you will be prompted to submit an attachment. If for some reason you cannot complete the attachment, submit the attachment even if incomplete. If the attachment is not submitted, you will not be allowed to submit your application.
- After filling out the permit application and submitting it, click the “preliminary application” button and you will be able to pay for the permit on line, (you must have a valid e-mail address to pay on line).
Payment: You may pay for permits on-line with your checking information (no fee) or Mastercard or Discover (additional fee). If you choose not to pay for your permit on-line, make checks payable to Town of Richmond, 1529 State Road, Richmond, MA 01254. Please submit one check for each application.
ADDING ATTACHMENTS TO A PERMIT APPLICATION:
After you submit your application, a page appears notifying you that your New Preliminary Application has been received. Click on the exit button at the bottom of the page, and you will be returned to your home page.On the left side of the home page, click in the circle in the A column. On the right side of your home page under the heading, “My Options”….click on the pull down menu. Click on “add attachments” and follow the prompts to add site plans, drawings and documents.