Conservation Commission

The Conservation Commission is responsible for the protection and preservation of natural resources in the town. Specifically the Commission protects the water quality and wildlife habitat of ponds, rivers, streams, vegetated wetlands and mountain watershed resource areas. This is accomplished by protecting the filtering buffer zones around or along these resource areas. In addition the mountain watersheds and scenic elevations above 1300 ft. are protected by the Scenic Mountain Act. Any land disturbing activity within the resource areas or their buffer zones protected by these acts requires an application to the Conservation Commission with either a Request for Determination of Applicability or a Notice of Intent. The Commission administers, and is guided by, the Wetland Protection Act (MGL, Ch 131, s40), the Rivers Protection Act (Ch. 258 of the Acts of 1996) and the Scenic Mountain Act (MGL, Ch 131, s39A) as implemented if applicable by local bylaws and process instructions.

Monthly Meeting
Second Tuesday 7:00PM
Richmond Town Hall

Agent Office Hours
Wednesdays, by appointment - 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Please call 413-298-0044
Site visits scheduled independently as needed

Conservation Agent 
Shepley Evans
P.O. Box 155
Stockbridge, MA 01262
Cell: 413-298-0044 or

Commission Members
Freya Segal, Co-Chair,
1220 Lenox Road - P.O. Box 154
Richmond, MA 01254

Ronald Veillette, Co-Chair
111 Summit Road
Richmond, MA 01254
Cell: 413-212-8998

Adam Weinberg
576 State Road
Richmond, MA 01254

Robert Dahlen
2190 Dublin Road
Richmond, MA 01254
Cell: 917-921-2252

Patrick Seckler
151 Canaan Road
Res: 413-698-2675
Wk: 413-447-2647
Cell: 413-822-4056

Nick Martinelli
2019 State Road
Richmond, MA 01254

Alternate Members
John Scorpa
Daniel Scorpa

Applicant Instructions and WPA forms:

Scenic Mountain Regulations Notice of Intent                                           $100.00
Wetlands Request for Determination $100.00
Wetlands Notice of Intent (Consult Shepley Evans)

Go to DOCUMENT CENTER for Conservation Commission Regulations, Forms and Applications

Updated Wetlands Permitting forms may also be found here: